Universal 2, Universal 2. It’s time for us to learn Universal 2!
You’ve heard about it so now let’s practice it for our next belt. This video highlights some key details to focus on to get this down.
Universal 2 includes a series of kicks, punches and block techniques. Let’s watch and practice together…
“Victory. Humility. Courtesy. Universal 2.”
*Pay attention to the position of your hands in the Victory stance; palms should be facing down
- Right leg back, left fighting stance
- Shuffle off into left leg flip kick *Be sure your toes are pointed
- Land, left hand back fist
- Right hand reverse punch
- Pivot, right round-house kick
- Fold arms, chop *Your chop should be even with your shoulder, good horse stance, your back arm in a good strong fist anywhere between your belt and underarm (the higher the better), past the halfway point of your body
- C-step backwards, high block
- C-step backwards, outside block
- C-step backwards, low block
- Double punch *When punching and blocking, keep your other hand tight by your side
- Snap back into “Attention” and bow
Pay attention to the fine details in your form and good luck with your Universal 2!